Friday, June 11, 2010

Mundial aka World Cup 2010!

Today is the first day of the 2010 World Cup, better known in Argentina as the Mundial. I'm pretty excited that I get to be here in BA for this World Cup (or at least the majority of it), considering Argentina's team features the best player in world, Lionel Messi. Hopefully he'll do his thing tomorrow in the team's first game against Nigeria.

I was informed by the BF that he wants to watch the game on a "pantalla gigante" aka big screen, so I think we're going to a local bar tomorrow at 11 am to cheer on the Selección. I'm also doing a kind of World Cup March Madness bracket with some people from the office, betting 20 pesos each week. My bracket so far is not doing well, considering I put Mexico beating South Africa in the first game (they tied). Oh well. No one else put that they would tie either, so HA.

In other news, I have hot water again, and it is GLORIOUS. I will never again take hot water for granted.

1 comment:

  1. I am uber jealous to be in boring Seattle during the world cup. In other news... what office??

    ReplyDelete